tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 25 16:22:05 1995

Re: }}} KLI's PGP?

>Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 12:45:11 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Jason Green <[email protected]>

>On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Alan Anderson wrote:

>> Jason Green writes:
>> > ...When one verifies a
>> > message as being from [email protected], what does that really tell one?
>>
>> that the key has not been compromised, if a message claims to have
>> come from [email protected] and the PGP key agrees with that claim, it's
>> certain that the message indeed was sent by [email protected] and not from
>> some other person claiming to be [email protected].

>OK, then the question I'm trying to learn the answer to is:

>Who is [email protected]? (specifically what person or persons)?

I can't be certain without double-checking the alias, but I believe that
[email protected] mails to me, Lawrence Schoen, and Jay Grizzard (sysadmin of
KLI.org and admin of the list, etc).  Of those, the PGP key is controlled
by Jay and me, since Lawrence isn't very familiar with PGP.  So it's
basically a few people in the KLI organization.

~mark

Back to archive top level