tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 25 13:24:48 1995

Re: }}} KSRP (was KBTP)

>Richard Kennaway writes:
> > ghunchu'wI' writes:
> > >I'll accept the fantasy that Shakespeare's writings are translations from
> > >the "original Klingon" for two reasons:  1) ST6 "The Undiscovered Country"
> > >claims that they are;
> >
> > Does it?  I didn't read General Chang as seriously claiming that, but
> > rather as suggesting that the Klingon version of Shakespeare amounts to an
> > independent, original work of literature (a reading with which the KSRP is
> > equally consistent).

I have always regarded General Chang's statement as a variation on one of
the running gags in the original series: Ensign Pavel Chekov always
claiming that something was a "Russian inwention".

*       Arden R. Smith          [email protected]      *
*       "Linguists are often unstable."                         *
*                               -- Ursula K. Le Guin            *
*                                  "The Pathways of Desire"     *