tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 25 13:21:40 1995

}}} Colors (again)

ghItlh ~mark:

> I must say, though, that your plan still works.  It just is a little finer.
> The traffic light might command "pemev!" in general, to all the drivers,
> but if you're talking about a single driver under consideration, you may
> have need to say that the light told *that driver* to stop.  OK, it told
> other ones too, but I'm not talking about them.
>
> But don't think that yI- "sounds" better or more imperative, just because
> you see it more.

Believe it or not, I did not choose {yI-} blindly. I am aware
of the other imperative prefixes. At the time, I decided on {yI-} because
I was talking about one driver. (As you say.)

Probably like {yI-} because it sounds more like "you," but that does not
mean that I think of it as the ONLY imperative prefix.

Peace and Long Life 'ej Qapla'
Liz (tlheghmeQ joq)

Back to archive top level