tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 29 15:26:16 1995

Re: your mail

According to tsai kat clio-international:

> After writing the message below, I decided to make a change.

> >       "A skilled warrior does not reveal his strength."
>
> I think "does not reveal" should be "conceal," or "hide"
> so the sentence should read
>
>      HoS So' SuvwI' po'.    Does this sound better?

I like both translations. This one in particular would benefit
by the addition of {-Daj} to the first word. The line then
acquires an echo-like symmetry that I think improves it. It
also more immediately clarifies whether {HoS} is being used as
a noun or verb.

As far as meaning goes, I think 'angbe' and So' both work fine,
though I think because of the meter and rhyme, So' makes it
more poetic.

> >  DalughmoHchugh jIQuch.
> >
> >  Qapla'
> >
> >  rIn {{8-)