tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 28 11:58:04 1995

Re: KLBC Lao-tzu in Klingon

According to tsai kat clio-international:

> Here is a translation of a sentence from the_Tao-teh ching_
> (Wang Pi text), Chapter 56:
>
>      jatlhbe' SovwI', Sovbe' jatlhwI'.
>
>      "He (or one or they) who knows does not speak;
>       he (ditto) who speaks does not know."
>
> DalughmoHchugh, jIQuch.

Well, then you'll have to find some other path to happiness,
because I can't do ANYTHING to improve it, except note that in
Klingon, it really is two separate sentences, so if you are
going to use punctuation, you might as well use a period.

You could add {-taH} to give it that hint of perpetuity, but I
don't think it is necessary. I'm not even sure it would help.
The simplicity of your wording has elegance deserving of its
subject.

> This sentence is a warm-up for the next, which has been, for me,
> a true battle.

vIlaDrup.

> Qapla'
>
> rIn {{8-)