tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 22 00:42:55 1995

Re: nuqneH

On Sat, 21 Jan 1995, William H. Martin wrote:

> According to tlhIyQa:

> > nuqneH. tlhIyQa jIH, ghojwI' je ghItlhwI'.
>
> Noun conjunctions go AFTER the list of nouns, not between them.
> The appositive is a little shaky -- we're not sure it is okay,
> but then we are not sure it is not okay.

just a style suggestion here.  instead of trying to form an appositive
here, i'd break the sentence into two:
		<tlhIyQa jIH.  ghojwI' ghItlhwI' je jIH.>

this may get your point across a little clearer, as it doesn't cross into
grammatically shaky boundaries.

> > *Latin* Hol vIjatlh.
>
> Fine. Some might argue that *Rome*ngan Hol would be a better
> term...

personally, here i'd either use <*Roman* Hol> or <*Latin* Hol>.  after
all, most people on the list refer to english as <*English* Hol>, not
<*England*ngan Hol>.  *shrug*  but maybe that's a personal bias against
constructing compound nouns in klingon... don't mind if you do it, as
long as i can understand it, i just prefer not to...

> > tlhIyQa
>
> charghwI'

--naQ'avwI'

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhchugh "[email protected]"Daq jabbI'IDmeylIj yIngeH
*&* Silauren, Half-Elven      *&* Jeremy  Greene *&*   There's only ONE god!
*&* [email protected]     *&*  Don't drop acid.  *&* He is the SUN god!!
*&* [email protected]       *&* Take it Pass/Fail. *&* Ra! Ra!! RA!!!
*&* "Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!" -Han Solo

Back to archive top level