tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 16 06:58:31 1995

Re: ghItlhwIj botI'qangchugh ...

Guido has already answered the requests, but I thought I'd
comment on some of the grammar.

According to [email protected]:

> >vulqanganpu' law' ngaStaH qIb. nepbogh vulqanganpu' ngaS qIp je
> >nepqangbe'bogh vulqanganpu' ngaS 'oH. ("Some Vulcans lie.")

The conjunction {je} is the NOUN conjunction, not the SENTENCE
conjunction. You should have either used {'ej} or just said:

nepbogh vulqanganpu' nepqangbe'bogh vulqanganpu' je ngaS qIp.

Meanwhile, Guido is quite right:

> nepqang vulqangan puS.

> >nab lulob tlhIngan Hol DIpmey. nab rap lulob tlhIngan Hol verbmey.
> >("Klingon verbs can be used as nouns.")

Here, I see no relationship between your Klingon and your
English. Just because nouns and verbs both obey the same plan
does not mean that one can be used as the other.

> wot DalaH DIp.

While I think this is a correct translation, I do not think the
statement is true.

> >toDuj ghaj <tlhInton> 'e' ngebmoH <gIngrIch>.
> >("Bill is afraid of Newt.")
>
> *Newt* Haj *Bill*.

Both a good translation and a probably true statement.

> >--dg
>
> Guido

charghwI'
--