tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 14 08:50:03 1995

nuqneH

Hello humans.

What's the idea in using "nuqneH" as a greeting in the beginning of all
the articles? I think it doesn't fit there wery well.

"nuqneH" is sometimes used like a greeting, yes, but why are people
always trying to fit this language to covering our earthy purposes?
Using "nuqneH" the same way as any earthy greeting?

"nuqneH" smells like a question more than words like "Hello" do. I don't
think the meaning still should always be just strictly "What do you
want?". Perhaps it would sometimes go even as far as "How's life?". But
I don't think that nuqneH can be used to say "It's nice to see you" or
"It's nice to write to you".

Therefore, I don't find it very clever to write an article with a
"nuqneH" in the beginning, and rest of the 200 lines full of opinions
and flames concerning the proper use of "-wI'" or something similarly
creative.

Maybe "Saja'neS" or something would better fit in this purpose?
It even feels like a greeting :)

viznut

---

Back to archive top level