tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 12 10:36:00 1995

Re: nuqneH

According to tsai kat clio-international:

> nuqneH:
>
>      qatlh vIngeHpu'bogh tlhIngan Hol jabbI'Id wa'DIch ngabpu'?

Ummmm. You did better the first time. Your word order is very
scrambled. The main verb {ngabpu'} should immediately follow
{qatlh} so {jabbI'ID} becomes the SUBJECT and not the OBJECT.
Also, {vIngeHpu'bogh} should FOLLOW {jabbI'ID wa'DIch}, since
{jabbI'ID} is the OBJECT of that verb.

> "rIn" jIH.  tlhIngan Hol vIghoj vInIDtaH. (wej "HolQeD" Qonos 3:4
> vIHev.)

You need the pronoun {'e'} between {vIghoj} and {vInIDtaH}.
This is a "Sentence As Object" construction and {nID} is not
one of the exceptional verbs that does not require {'e'}, like
{neH} or any verb of speaking.

>      Why did my first (ever) Klingon posting disappear?  I am rIn.
> I am trying to learn Klingon.  (I have not yet received HolQeD 3:4)

Your post didn't dissappear. Sometimes things just get a little
slow.

> Qapla', rIn {{8-) //a Klingon with glasses??//

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \