tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 07 00:35:14 1995

<ghep>: word in itself?

going back over old messages in my mailbox, i came across something that
i never got around to posting.  here it goes:

TKD gives <nenghep> for "Age of Ascension" and <peHghep> for "Age of
Inclusion".  it also gives <nentay> for "Rite of Ascension".  also, <tay>
is given in the 2nd-edition's appendix as "rite, ritual, ceremony".
this leads me to think that "age" (at least, in a historical time-period
sense) is <ghep>.

my question is, does anyone know of any *canon* sites that *explicitly*
define (or even mention!) <ghep> by itself?  or can we only explain it
only as an archaic form that happens to still exist in the two above
compounds, but by itself has ceased to exist?

if anyone has any knowledge on this problem, please post....

--naQ'avwI'

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhchugh "[email protected]"Daq jabbI'IDmeylIj yIngeH
*&* Silauren, Half-Elven      *&* Jeremy  Greene *&*   There's only ONE god!
*&* [email protected]     *&*  Don't drop acid.  *&* He is the SUN god!!
*&* [email protected]       *&* Take it Pass/Fail. *&* Ra! Ra!! RA!!!
*&* "Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!" -Han Solo

Back to archive top level