tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 06 22:55:24 1995

Re: Kahless' rival

On Tue, 3 Jan 1995, R.B Franklin wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jan 1995 [email protected] wrote:
>
> > chaq naDev Hu' vItlhob 'ach DaH vISovbej vIneH. 'Iv SughHa' qeylIS? nuq 'oH
> > pongDaj'e'??
> >
> > -=-gh-=-
>
> rurchuqbogh pongmey ghaj cha' tlhInganpu'.
>
> 1.  tlhIngan voDleH ghaH Molor'e' jeybogh qeylIS.  betleH wa'DIch
> lo'taHvIS, Molor HoH qeylIS'e'.
>
> 2.  qeylIS loDnI' ghaH Morath'e'.  nepta'mo' Morath, qaStaHvIS wa'maH cha'
> jaj Morath Suv qeylIS.
>
> yoDtargh

jaS lut vIyaj.  pagh voDleH SaHbe' lut.  *Moroth* 'oH qeylIS loDnI' pong'e'.
naDev lut tu' vay'.

[miscellaneous story -- told by worf to young klingons.]
[st:tng episode unknown.]

Kayless held his father's lifeless body in his arms.  He could not
believe what his brother had done.  Then his brother threw his father's
sword into the sea, saying if he could not possess it, then neither could
Kayless.  That was the last time the brothers would speak.  Kayless
looked into the sea and wept.  For the sword was all he had left of his
father.  The ocean filled with his tears and flooded over the shore.

[The forging of the betleH]

Kayless went into the mountains, all the way to the volcano at Kristat.
There he cut off a lock of his hair and thrust it into the river of
molten rock that poured from the summit.  The hair began to twist and
burn.  Then he plunged it into the lake of Lusor and twisted it into this
sword.  After he used it to kill his brother, Moroth, he gave it a name,
batlh'etlh, the sword of honor.

[end story-relation mode]

those two were sent to me by another guy on this list.  i've been working
on translations, but they aren't ready for posting yet.  this is about
the extent of my knowledge on the subject, but these are supposedly
transcribed from an ST:TNG episode.  Matt Whiteacre
([email protected]) sent them to me; maybe he has more information as
to the "canon-ness" of these two.

oh, sorry for the switch to Federation Standard....

--naQ'avwI'

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhchugh "[email protected]"Daq jabbI'IDmeylIj yIngeH
*&* Silauren, Half-Elven      *&* Jeremy  Greene *&*   There's only ONE god!
*&* [email protected]     *&*  Don't drop acid.  *&* He is the SUN god!!
*&* [email protected]       *&* Take it Pass/Fail. *&* Ra! Ra!! RA!!!
*&* "Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!" -Han Solo

Back to archive top level