tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 02 12:48:10 1995

Re: vay' and lu'

> > According to janSIy:
> > > The vI- should not be on the second and third sentences, right?
> On Mon, 26 Dec 1994, charghwI' wrote:
> > Ummm. Make that second and FOURTH.

Wouldn't sentence 2 be:		s.o. reads me the book.
	sentence 4 be:		s.o. is willing to read me the book.

Right?  I thought that was the meaning behind "indefinite *subject*"
'Cause there's no line stating prefixes are forbidden with lu'?
Unless someone's gonna suggest Maltz has a set of fourth person prefixes
around to express "s.o reads me the book".

Back to archive top level