tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 30 02:17:08 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 353

At 23:13 27-12-95 -0800, you wrote:

>>That was in New Ground, stardate 45376.3.
>    That title was what I most needed.  I couldn't find the information in
>my notes.

In these cases The Nitpickers Guide For Next Generation Trekkers (either
volume 1 or volume 2) always helps. I just looked up "Kyle" (because I
remembered the teachers name was Ms./Mrs. Kyle) and found the page number of
New Ground.

>>>tera'ngan HolDaq chay' QI'lop wImugh  "Armed Forces Day?"
>>
>>I haven't got the faintest idea. PK does not give a Federation Standard
>>translation, it just describes the holiday. And I don't know what Armed
>>Forces Day is (I'm not from America)...
>
>     lugh
>     QI'lop ghaj'a' HatlhlI'
>     (QI' jaj ghap mangghom jaj lughaj Hatlhmey law')

ghobe'
*Nederland*Daq QI' jaj ghap mangghom jaj wIlopbe'
tlhInganpu' wIDabejtaHbe' *Nederland*nganpu'... <grin>
'ach *example*vam Daleghchugh chalmangghom SochmaH vagh DIS wIlopqu'

[Is that understandable or even correct Klingon? ;-)]

>     How about Maktag versus <maqtaQ>?  Is there anything official on the
>spelling(s)?  Does anyone have a copy of the script?

I have no idea. I never seen one TNG script in my life...
And I didn't watch that particular episode on the BBC with Teletext
subtitles either.

Qapla'
peSHIr
          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level