tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 29 15:24:28 1995

Re: First Klingon Word

On 28 Dec 95 at 13:36, d'Armond Speers wrote:

> Many of you know that I've been speaking Klingon to my son.  He is now
> about 18 months, and I *only* speak Klingon to him.  (Some may call me
> crazy, but...).
>
> This past week, he said his first Klingon word.  He can say only a few
> things in English, that we (but probably noone else would) recognize.
> Things like "dit doo" ("thank you"), "ba ba" (either "bye bye" or
> "bottle"), etc.

bIDo'bej SoH!  Dochmey teH DaghojmoH
paQDI'norghvam lubepDI' tera'gnan 'e' nuq bIjatlh'a'

(You are fortunate!  You teach true things.
When Terrans object to these teachings, what do you say?)

[grammarians, please feel free to leap in.  That was some VERY shaky
construction on my part!]

'etlhqengwI'

Garrett Michael Hayes
Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax
"Many notions deserve a healthy
application of Occam's machete."