tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 27 22:13:52 1995

Re: Calendar Ideas

>> >Isn't Alexander's birthday the 42nd of Maktag or something like that?
>> >In one episode the month {maqtaQ} is mentioned. It has at least 43 days.
>>      jarvetlh pong lugh muja'laH'a' vay'
>>      jaj 'ar ghaj jarvetlh
>
>*Maktag* jaj loSmaH wejDIch bogh *Alexander*. 'ar jaj ghaj jarvam net
Sovbe'.

>chay' jarvam pong jatlhlu' net Sovbe' je. Do'Ha'.

Unless I remember it wrong, Alexander had said his birthday was the 43rd day
of maqtaQ.  Thus, I have reasoned that there are at least 43 days in that
month.

{'ar jaj ghaj jarvam net Sovbe'} I think should be {jarvam jajmey mI' Sovbe'
vay'}.  I do see two points in your rendition about which I comment:  1)
 {'ar} follows the Noun about which it asks the amount; and, 2) as far as
discussion on this listserv has shown, all the Klingon question words may not
be used as relative pronouns.

Therefore, we cannot say {nuq Damuch 'e' vIlegh}' rather we say something
like {Doch Damuchbogh Dochvetlh vIlegh}.

Probably some comments from the grammarians can clarify this situation
further.

peHruS

Back to archive top level