tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 24 22:12:22 1995

Re: Merry Christmas

>I know Merry CHristmas and other greetings like this may not be very
>warrior like, but does anybody have any clue on how to say "Merry
>Christmas" or "Happy Holidays".
>
>Thanx,
>Frank

I put out at least 140 homemade, multilanguage Christmas/Chanukkah cards this
year.
I put Merry Christmas (in green English)

On all of them the Klingon phrase I used was {bInajtaHvIS QeylIS Daleghjaj}.

The other languages were:  Spanish = Feliz Navidad y Ano Prospero (with a
tilde)
Chinese Mandarin = sheng-dan kwai-le, syin-syi fa-tsai (in red Chinese
characters)
Russian = C Rozhdestvom Xristobim, C Novim govom (in Cyrillic with accents)
French = Joyeux Noel (with diaresis)
Irish Gaelic = Failte na Nollaig ort!  Bliadnha mhath ur dhut (in Gaeligge
font with accents)
German = Froeliche Weihnachten (in Duetche Gothic font with umlaut)
Hebrew = sameach lechanukah ulerosh hashana (in gold Hebrew font and pointed)
Thai = samaagdii wanked kris't (in gold Saraburi font)

peHruS

Back to archive top level