tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 22 08:01:29 1995

Re: KLBC: -DI' useage

>Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 14:42:02 -0800
>From: [email protected]

>Can you <-DI'> in this manner?

>vIlegh vIleghDI'

>I'll see it when I see it.

I don't see a problem with that.  For some reason I prefer the order the
other way around very slightly over this way, but that's just my style; so
far as I know the order can go either way.  It looks reasonable to me.
'Course, it also means "I saw it when I saw it," which is a less useful
meaning.

>I want to state that something will be seen in the future.  But at an unknown
>time.  (Since I can't find a noun for 'future' or an abverbial for 'later', I'm
>sort-of stuck.)

Yeah; I think an adverb for "generally in the future" is on the Okrand
wish-list.

>r'Hul

~mark

Back to archive top level