tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 21 17:18:53 1995

Re: First Appearance of Klingons

ghItlh marqoS

>\ >You may also be interested that in an early episode of TOS Klingon was
>\ >pronounced "Cling-gin".
>\  Do you remember which episode?  I ...
>Well, in "The Trouble with Tribbles" (Which, appearing as it did in the
>latter half of the second season, I would not call an "early" episode),
>the trader Cyrano Jones pronounced Klingon as /'kling @n/ (where the @
>is the unaccented "schwa" sound found as the 'a' in "about",...      Thank
you for the information.  Now I vaguely remember Jones' substandard
pronunciation.  I wonder if the same pronunciation was used in "More
Tribbles, More Troubles," the animated sequel.

>-marqoS, who should go look up the official ASCII version of the IPA to
>avoid this awkwardness in future discussions of pronunciation

     marqoS, maybe we should create our own conventions.  I don't think
they'll have a way to put real IPA on here any time soon.

     Qapla'

     qeSmIv HarghwI'

Back to archive top level