tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 20 08:06:41 1995

Re: Klingons conquer Worlds Chat (sort of...)

>Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 09:05:31 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Jim Boniface)

>>I can't really participate in this World's Chat thing, since my main

>>home... but I can't help wondering why there isn't even a third as much
>>interest in using the KLI MUSH, which *is* accessible from all
>>internet-connected platforms.  Anyone?

> Easy. 1) world chat is EASY to use, move mouse, type what you want to say.

Really??  You just type what you want to say??  What a clever idea for an
interface.  MUSH works just the same way.  I wonder if there's a copyright
problem.

>2) Graphics. 3) Virtual Graphics. 4) customizable graphics 5) mainly I
>suppose, graphics.

I'll have to take your word for it (see below)... and of course there's the
problem that unless you're on a PC, you can't use it.  Mind, I don't mean
that people should not be meeting on Worlds Chat.  It's just kind of
disheartening that we set up the MUSH for just the purpose of letting
Klingonists meet and talk in and about Klingon (for which you don't need
graphics) and there's so little interest in it.

> If I may suggest checking it out on your laptop. It may be well worth it.

I tried.  45 minutes of downloadng a 4MB program, and 7MB on the disk
(which I can't begrudge: you want something spiffy, you have to take the
time and space for it)... but it crashes my computer whenever I try to use
it, even in "single-user" mode.  It lags horrendously, and then freezes up
before I can get past picking an avatar, until I have to break out by
drastic means.  Then when I move the mouse, it says there's a system error
and I have to reboot.  Oh well.  I'll hang out on the MUSH, as usual.

~mark

Back to archive top level