tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 19 12:09:00 1995

Re: Re[3]: Klingons conquer Worlds Chat (sort of...)

> On 19 Dec 95 at 10:25, David Barron <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > Okay, what does the MUSH look like? Doesn't it look like Worlds
> > > Chat? I haven't been able to get any solid information about what
> > > it looks like.
> > >

> > The MUSH doesn't *look* like anything (perhaps that is your point)
> > It is a text driven virtual KLINGON envirnment. Sure, WorldChat is
> > pretty and nice and very good for those of us weened on video games
> > (like me) but dont make the mistake of forsaking the Klingon MUSH
> > (telnet to mush.kli.org 2218).

> I tried it, the computer said it couldn't resolve mush.kli.org 2218.

If you are telneting from your windows telnet program I have found that
it will only work for  me if I type it out as: mush.kli.org:2218  (NOTE
the extra (:) that precedes the port number.

That aside I can say that it has on occasion gone down for whatever
reason but seldom for long (let us not speak about the 4 month downtime
due to relocation of the server).

Keep trying.

> I tried it without the 2218 and ended up at Lupine.org, Whispering
> Wolf Productions. It wanted a password, so I left. I checked in the
> last HolQeD, it said to try keve.kli.org 2218. So I did. Same thing.
> I took the 2218 off and ended up at Lupine again! What am I doing
> wrong?

~mark can answer better than I but, no, you were doing it correctly.
The machine and site is owned by WW productions.

david

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level