tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 16 21:37:34 1995

Re: [What, me worry?]

qaSDI' Hovjaj 95954.0 ghItlh David Wood:

>    I did finally come up with something else for "What, me worry?" It's
>longer, but it rolls trippingly (or is that trips rollingly?) off the
tongue:

>     rejmorgh SaHlaHbe'(bej)    The worryworts (definitely) couldn't care.

Actually, this says "He (certainly) cannot care about the worrywort(s)."  If
you wanted to say "the worryworts definitely do not care," you could say
{SaHbe'bej rejmorghpu'}.  I added the plural suffix because there is no
context or prefix to indicate number of worryworts.  Personally, for "What,
me worry?" I'd go for {pagh vIHajbej}.

SuStel
Hovjaj 95956.4

Back to archive top level