tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 12 09:27:59 1995

Re: Secret Santa

ghItlh ~mark:

> >From: "Elizabeth C. Hoyt" <[email protected]>
>
> >> A friend just asked me how to say "I'm your Secret Santa" in Klingon. I
> >> told him that I thought it could be:
> >>
> >> nobwI'lI' pegh jIH
>
> > ...this is somewhat unclear...
>
> No!  You had it right the first time.  "nobwI'lI' pegh jIH" can only mean
> "I am your secret giver."  If it meant "I am keeping your giver a secret"
> (as I think using "pegh" transitively would mean), it would have to be
> "nobwI'lI' vIpegh".  Your original sentence was fine!

I got something right? Whoa! I think this is the first time I've really
gotten something right! Virtual HIq all around! :)

> >Perhaps I should try:
>
> ><nobmey qanob 'ach choSovbe'>
>
> This one works too...

Another one? I'm gonna be bouncing around for joy for the rest of the day!
I'm printing this post & having it framed. I'm going to tell all my
Non-Klingon friends, even though it will make them think I've really
flipped my lid for sure this time.

tlheghmeQ  {{:-)

Back to archive top level