tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 11 21:05:51 1995

Re: KLBC - word for 'because' ?

On Sun, 10 Dec 1995, Chester Braun wrote:

> Can't find a word, or equivalent construct, for 'because'.  How does one
> specifying cause and effect as in;

You use the suffix {-mo'}.  It can be a noun suffix (p28) or a verb
suffix (p175).

'oy' DeSwIj muDuQpu'mo' vay'.  (My arm is sore because someone stabbed me.)
munuQmo' verengan vIqIpta'.  (I hit the Ferengi because he bothered me.)
tlhIngan maHmo' maQap.  (We succeed because we are Klingons.)
QIHmo' Qapbe' jonta'meymaj.  (Our engines do not function because of the
damage.)
nIch QIvmo' QapHa'taH nuHDaj.  (His/her weapon malfunctions because of
inferior ammunition.)
nIch QIv ghajmo' QapHa'taH nuHDaj.  (His/her weapon malfunctions because
he/she has inferior ammunition.

> QetaH

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level