tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 11 20:29:16 1995

Re: translation attempt

Sat, 9 Dec 1995, ghItlh tevram:

> ok.  Here's an early try.  How bad is it???
>
> lo'laH Doch ghajboch lo'laH loSqangqu'

*ghajboch should probably be {ghajbogh}

"He/she/it is quite willing to wait for a valuble (-) which has the thing
is valuable."

You probaly need to state what the subject of {loSqangqu'} is or use the
indefinite subject suffest {-lu'}.  Also some noun probably need to be
attached to the second {lo'laH}.

{lo'laH} is tricky word which can either mean "be valuable" or
"he/she/it can use him/her/it/them":
{lo'laH Doch}  (the thing can use it)
{Doch lo'laH}  (the valuable thing)

In any case, I can't figure out what you meant.  What where you trying to
say?

> tevram

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level