tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 10 17:47:06 1995

Re: Translation request

At 01:47 PM 12/10/95 -0800, you wrote:
>How would one translate, "What, me worry?"
>
>OK, maybe not a great literary quote, but I'm curious.

I am not one of the grammarians (some may argue I am not
a very good Klingonist) but I want to try my hand at it.

First of all dont try to translate mere words, try to
translate whole concept. Otherwise you'll get some
strange look from those trying to translate it back into
english.

Now saddly there is no word in tlhIngan Hol for "worry"
so you could say {qatlh jISaHnIS'a'}.

THere is a NOUN {rejmorgh} that in not in the E->K side
of TKD so you could say {qatlh rejmorgh jIHnIS'a')

Neither of these really translate the spirit of the
the famous Alfred E. Newman quote but I think
they come close.

david

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                     Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level