tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 08 06:32:00 1995

Colors? What colors?

 uu> From: ur-valhalla!netusa1.net!caanders (Alan Anderson)
 uu> Subject: Colors? What colors?

 >I've thought about this before, but hesitated.  Can you use a verb to
 >modify another verb?  You'd need something adverbial, wouldn't you?  "It

 uu> I guess I was considering these in their adjectival role, following
 uu> the noun, with each verb acting to modify the previous noun phrase.  So
 uu> {nav SuD wov} would be a "bright, blue/green/yellow paper" and not a
 uu> "bright blue/green/yellow paper".  Is my distinction clear?  I don't

jIyaj, but I don't think you can do that (at least, I recall no canon that
supports it).

 uu> Instead of user actions, the menu choices could be commands given to
 uu> the application, in imperative form.  The user does not "Print" the
 uu> document; the user commands the application to print it, or maybe he
 uu> commands the document to print itself.  The user does not change the

I like this; Hol is definitely action oriented, and Klingons are command
oriented.  I imagine the "enter" key on a Klingon keyboard would be labeled
{yIruch} or maybe just {ruch}.

 uu> Clipping is definitely appropriate here, so {SuD 'ej Hurgh} should be
 uu> acceptable, and maybe even {SuD Hurgh} as two simultaneous commands.

Indeed!  Just look at how "clipped" your current, English menus are.  A very
good idea.

| la'Hom Qob vestai-qutvaj, yaS cha'DIch qumpIn je, tlh.w.D. quttaj |
| jogh boQDu''a', *North jogh, maS Hurgh yo', Qojbogh tlhIngan ghom |
|                tlhIngan Hol HaDwI'pu' yej ghojwI'                 |
|               [email protected]                 |