tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 06 13:28:52 1995

Re: Colors? What colors?

>Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 10:45:14 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Bill Willmerdinger)

> uu> From: ur-valhalla!netusa1.net!caanders (Alan Anderson)
> uu> Subject: Colors? What colors?

> uu> Here are my suggestions for the SimpleText color menu:

> uu> Black        qIj
> uu> Red          Doq
> uu> Green        SuD
> uu> Blue         SuD Hurghqu'
> uu> Cyan         SuD Hurgh
> uu> Magenta      Doq Hurgh
> uu> Yellow       SuD wov
> uu> ---------------------------
> uu> Other...     latlh...

>I've thought about this before, but hesitated.  Can you use a verb to
>modify another verb?  You'd need something adverbial, wouldn't you?  "It
>is green very darkly" or "It greens very darkly."  Or am I missing
>something?

I think you're right: you can't use a verb adverbially like this.  Nothing
like it is given to us.  There really isn't a simple way to makeadverbs in
Klingon; not one that we know, at any rate (though there are ways to move
in that direction, using stuff like "mIw XXX lo'taHvIS" or "...-meH mIw
XXXX lo'")

~mark

Back to archive top level