tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 06 13:09:35 1995

Re: KLBC: wamwI' yIn pem

>Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 19:40:28 -0800
>From: "R.B Franklin" <[email protected]>

>On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

>> Also, for plural animals it technically should be  "lutu'be'lu'"

>According to TKD p39, {tu'lu'} appears to be some kind of fixed form which
>doesn't use {lu-} even when the object is plural.  To support this, we
>have several canon examples:

Yeah, I think we mentioned this when talking about lutu'be'lu' at the
qep'a'.  It's reasonable that it's a "fixed" form, or to put it another way
an intrusion of Clipped Klingon into just about all registers of Klingon
use.  Still, I don't think anyone can claim that lutu'lu' is wrong, if you
want to be nitpicky.  But I suppose that I shouldn't say that "tu'lu'" is
wrong for plurals either.

~mark

Back to archive top level