tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 05 10:36:43 1995

qeylIS betleH

 uu> From: ur-valhalla!netusa1.net!caanders (Alan Anderson)
 uu> Subject: qeylIS betleH

 >Sometimes I think that everyday Hol bears as much resemblence
 >to the Hol of TKD as the ghetto English of the inner city resebles the
 >Queen's English!)

 uu> Hey, that's quite an insight!  I consider myself to be EXTREMELY

qatlho'.

 uu> fluent in English, but there's NO WAY that I can understand some of the
 uu> stuff that gets spoken "on the street."  I've seen a couple of HBO

I find myself examining just how poorly I speak my native language when
I try to write Hol.  Between the bad grammar, slang, and idiom, it's no
wonder we have problems translating into Hol - half the time we don't
say things properly in English!

... email to: [email protected]

Back to archive top level