tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 04 12:12:39 1995

Re: hello.

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Jarno Peschier wrote:

> bInIDqu'choHDI' choH ghu'vam. HIHarlaH...

OK, let's see if I can get this one right. My best guess is "This
situation will change as soon as you TRY to change. You can believe me!"
So, how did I do?

> >So, any ideas? Someone in alt.startrek.klingon
> >suggested something which translated as "proven", but that doesn't really
> >fit. After all, logic is what tells us that the world is flat, but it's
> >been proven otherwise.
>
> Logic tells you that the world is flat? Nice logic you have... <grin>

Well, I find it hard to believe that from where you're standing right
now, the world looks round, unless you happen to be on a shuttle or the
Russian space station. It's not until we start talking about massive
distances that the roundness becomes at all evident.

> Someone on this list uses Hovjaj for stardate,

Hmmm... "star day". Why didn't I think of that? <grin> Hivqa' veqlargh.

> What are trying to describe here? Maybe you'd better of describing it
> differently in Klingon.

No, the description is really quite apt. It's to describe what Tetsuo
turns into at the end of Akira. I don't really see any way that it could
be described, aside from "big ugly pink thing".

> If you simply meen an ugly (naked?) human, may not
> simply calling it tera'ngan moH be easier, and more "Klingon-like"?

Nope, not in the slightest. To get an idea of just how big and ugly an
object we're talking about here, I suggest you rent the movie if you
haven't seen it already.

> I hope the above helps you at least a bit? And of course I suspect you'll be
> getting more replies on this...

Yup. Thanks for the assist. L8r.

"What is mind? It doesn't matter. What is matter? Never mind. Heh, heh
heh!" - Homer Simpson.

Back to archive top level