tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 03 22:14:41 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH

>So we study and use "High Klingon" and Paramount puts "common Klingon"
>on the screen.  Not a problem!

Since PK warns students that serious consequences can occur by not speaking
the current emperor's dialect, at least lack of social status, I encounter a
problem with 'common Klingon.'  Maybe our street people can get away with
street language as opposed to the English Miss McNabb tried to drill into me
in high school, but I see Klingon as being seriously ostracized in their own
society for speaking anything other than proper (or clipped) Klingon.

In conclusion, I am shocked and disgusted with Paramount's lack of
sensitivity.

peHruS

Back to archive top level