tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 02 23:34:54 1995

KLBC - hello and questions

jImuch'eghneS,

QetaH jIH.  tlhingan jIH.
DaH jatlhbe'ghach jIH.

Well that's about it for an hours attempt at tlhinganHol.  I've also tried to
translate a few phrases and invent a phrase for an English word for which there
is apparently no Klingon equivalent.
I'd appreciate corrections and/or comments.

Hung qorDu   for 'Hung Family' where Hung is the family name.  I also thought
              of translating 'House of Hung' but it seemed awkward.

lurDech Suv   for the equivalent of 'martial arts'

ghormeH vaj   is my attempt at an equivalent of an ax.  Maybe there is a word
              for ax that has been added since the dictionary?  I wanted to
              use the verb 'to split' but all I could find was 'to break'.  Is
              it appropriate to combine the two words as in; ghormeHvaj ?

Also I was wondering if there was a compilation of all vocabulary added since
the dictionary.  I know additions have appeared in the newsletter but I can't
afford to buy all of the old issues at this point.  Which brings me to my last
question; just how much are old issues?

qatlhob,

QetaH

Back to archive top level