tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 27 17:10:45 1994

A thesis on tlhIngan!?

Well here's one for ya...  There's a story (rumor, actually) going
around that someone has used their work in translating the Bible to
earn a PhD.  This has led to much bashing of the US system of
higher education, and to more criticisms of the translators (in
addition to the usual waste-of-time and weirdness stuff) on another
forum.  This sounds to me like that Ripley's thing on Glen Proechel.
Personally, I don't think it's possible to do a dissertation based
entirely on Klingon, but some people are under that impression.
So, does anyone know of any facts behind this story?
Oh, and please feel free to share your views on the possible
role of tlhIngan Hol in any thesis..  Nick, I know you, in
particular, have had a bit of experience in both the translation
and thesis areas.

Amy

Back to archive top level