tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 25 11:35:34 1994

Re: Hello, and a few questions

Welcome to the Klingon Language List. I am the Beginner's
Grammarian, and as such, I'm primarily responsible for
responding to beginners.

According to METEU, THE MIGHTY LLAMA:

>       Hello,
>            My name is Joe Schelin and I'm trying to learn Klingon.  I have a
> few questions.  What is the easiest way to learn Klingon?

What? Why would Meteu, the Mighty Llama seek an EASY way?
Seriously, there are several good aids toward this end. Sounds
like you already have TKD. You should also seek the two audio
tapes, Conversational Klingon (CK) and Power Klingon (PK). You
might also take David Barron's FREE postal course. I'll leave
it to David to notice this and contact you, since he reads this
list regularly. If you don't hear from him soon, make a note
back to this list and I'll look up the particulars of how to
reach him.

> What are the
> diffrences between the first edition of the KD and the second?

The cover was different, and everything on page 172 and beyond
in the second edition didn't exist in the first edition. The
publisher didn't want to spend the money to fold the new
information into the old, so they just let Okrand add a few
pages, instead.

> In the KD there
> are words for 'blue, be blue, green, yellow'  - SuD, and 'red, be red, orange'
> - Doq.  How can you tell what color you're talking about?

That's simple. You can't.

> Thank you for your
> time.
>                              Joe Schelin

Quite welcome.

In the future, you will get my more immediate attention if you
post with the subject header beginning KLBC:. That stands for
Klingon Language Beginners' Conversation/Conference/Club. In
general, if you find that posts on this list confuse you, try
to focus more of your attention to messages that begin "KLBC:".
These are specifically focussed on topics relevant to newcomers.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level