tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 19 11:38:40 1994

When a Beginner?

When is someone not considered a beginner?  Is it when they think that
they are?  I would not define myself a complete beginner at tlhIngan
Hol, but several people out ther leave me feeling like a complete
beginner at English Hol, my native language (and my best subject at
school)!

*Especially* Guido.  Only 18 (I believe), and he holds forth like some
of the 'older' listmembers who sound like English professors.

Talk about being out of my depth!  Still, I'm learning lots, and if I
have to keep scuttling for my (English) dictionary everytime charghwI',
Krankor, ~mark or Holtej speak, it does my knowledge of (English)
grammar good.

{qSeroHS vayn}

glug, glug, glug!
--
Niall Hosking
aka Kserokhs Vaene

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level