tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 15 22:25:37 1994

Re: introduction

On Wed, 14 Sep 1994, Bill Willmerdinger wrote:

> He or she is refering to the three bladed knife that the Encyclopedia calls a
> d'k tahg.  The gaming company FASA called it a le'vek.  The joke among my
> FIDOnet friends is that calling the knife "exceptional garbage" {le' veQ} is
> an appropriate name for the weapon.
>
> Worf refers to this knife by name in "Birthright, Part II".  Does anyone
> remember how he pronounced it?  I take all Klingon spellings in the Okudapedia
> with a large grain of salt.
>
> Qob
>
> ... "PetaQ!  That is my betleH, not a Ginsu knife!" -- Worf

If the Okudapedia is unreliable, is there a good source somewhere for just
spelling betleH or bat'telh right?  The FAQ does not mention any
dictionaries, and no source book apart from the Okrand grammar.

Of course, I am also looking for the correct spelling of warnog, gagh,
chech'tluth...

DE:  Alain Vaillancourt		[email protected]

Back to archive top level