tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 15 08:31:55 1994

introduction

 in> From: "William H. Martin" <ur-valhalla!jm.acs.virginia.edu!whm2m>

 > "Where are the restrooms?"  I need useful phrases such as, "My, what a
 > LARGE leveq you've got." or "Is that a leveq in your pocket, or are you
 > just glad to see me?"

 in> Unfortunately, I can't find the word "leveq" in any word source
 in> for Klingon or English. You might clue me in on what the item
 in> is that you wish translated.

He or she is refering to the three bladed knife that the Encyclopedia calls a
d'k tahg.  The gaming company FASA called it a le'vek.  The joke among my
FIDOnet friends is that calling the knife "exceptional garbage" {le' veQ} is
an appropriate name for the weapon.

Worf refers to this knife by name in "Birthright, Part II".  Does anyone
remember how he pronounced it?  I take all Klingon spellings in the Okudapedia
with a large grain of salt.

Qob

... "PetaQ!  That is my betleH, not a Ginsu knife!" -- Worf

Back to archive top level