tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 12 16:05:55 1994

KLBC: prepositional phrases

This is something I've always had trouble with:

If I say {vaSDaq jIyIt}, does that mean:
1.  I am walking into the hall;
2.  I am walking towards the hall; or
3.  I am walking (with)in the hall?
Is there a way to distinguish these actions in Klingon?

Are {yIt} and other verbs of motion like {qet} & {puv} transitive in
the same way {ghoS} is?  (vaSDaq vIyIt)  And if so, does the verb prefix
indicate the prepositional relationship of the subject to the preceeding
noun?
E.g.	vaSDaq jIyIt	I'm walking (with)in the hall.
	vaSDaq vIyIt	I'm walking in(to) the hall.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level