tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 12 03:33:39 1994

Re: tu'lu' vs. lutu'lu'

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Sat, 10 Sep 94 22:57:31 EDT

>Meanwhile, I suspect that {tu'lu'} with a plural object is a
>forgivable (and probably common) grammatical error. Meanwhile,
>it IS an error. Maybe if you considered it to be clipped...

That's probably the nbest solution.  I'll lay you good odds that Okrand
simply blew it here, and likely doesn't even realize it yet, and if you
asked him would say "Uuuuuuhhmmm.... It's clipped.  Yes, that's it."  And
it probably is.  I suppose that means I should check my text for tu'lu's
that should be lutu'lu's in situations where clipping isn't what I want.

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level