tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 08 12:07:32 1994

the truth about -ghach

I just finished a very enjoyable two hour chat with Marc Okrand, most of
which was spent talking about your favorite suffix and mine, -ghach.

Can -ghach be used on bare verb stems?  Can -ghach be used on verbs that have
prefixes?  What happens when you use -ghach to nominalize a verb that already
has a nominal for (e.g., nob)?  Marc and I talked about all these things and
more, and I taped the whole conversation.

Over the weekend I'll be transcribing our chat and then editing it down into
a suitable interview for the September issue of HolQeD (which with any luck
will be mailed out in about two weeks).

I just wanted to build up a little suspense.  ;)

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::
:: POB 634, Flourtown, PA 19031 USA ::