tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 08 06:10:52 1994

Re: X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]

[charghwI' writes:]

>>jIH lugh law' SoH lugh puS qar'a'?

>    majQa'!

Except that I, at least, have my doubts about how to construct law'/puS
sentences with pronouns as subjects.  Somehow "jIH lugh" just looks wrong.
Granted, absent any evidence, it's the closest thing we have to conforming
to TKD, but I don't think it's all that close.  I wonder about things like
"?jIlugh law' bIlugh puS" or even "?lughwIj law' lughlIj puS."  No, I'm not
recommending these, but the ideas were kicked around.  I think this was on
the list of Okrand questions ages back.

>  >charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level