tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 28 06:06:09 1994

Re: Re : Re: AKD

ghItlh Matthew Rasnake <[email protected]>:

:
: >The AKD is the Annotated Klingon Dictionary, one of charghwI's projects.
:
: charqhwI, how could I get my hands on this?  I am interested in the language,
: but have little time to devote to studying it.  I am a new member of the list
: and have been following the messages here for about a week now.  I enjoy
: reading the messages with little tidbits of info, but sometimes there is no
: english translation.  It might help some of us (the uninitiated) quite a bit if
: there were more dual english/klingon posts.  Or possibly when you make a
: correction to a bit of klingon, include the english translation and a brief
: explanation why it was wrong...
:
: Thanks for your help, keep up the great work!
:
: Matthew Rasnake

Matthew:  We have a 'group' here called the Klingon Language Beginner's Conversation
(KLBC for short).  Feel free to practice at will (or Mark, or Lawrence..).  You
will also be able to read a number of other 'beginners' as they try to practice
as well...

People try to translate when necessary, but some (insert unnamed Captain here)
don't post in English at all.  I would hope that you would understand this...

Keep up as much studying of the language as you can, read the FAQ and post with
the KLBC in the subject line (to get individual help from our Beginner's
Gramarian).

Qapla'!

-majIq

Back to archive top level