tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 23 15:33:45 1994

KLI and Klingon language mentioned in new Star Trek history

In a bookstore today I saw the new pictorial history of the Star Trek
TV shows and movies, _Where No One Has Gone Before_ (if I remember
correctly). In it is a two-page spread blurbing the history of the
tlhIngan Hol phenomenon, complete with mention of Lawrence Schoen, the
KLI, and the Bible translation project. I was somewhat surprised that
the first season TNG staff didn't seem to know that TKD even
_existed_; I guess Paramount's left hand (TV production) didn't know
what its right hand (licensing) was doing.

Also, Okrand is quoted regarding the first tlhIngan Hol, spoken by
Mark Lenard under guidelines given by James Doohan; he says something
like "the first Klingon was spoken by a Vulcan diplomat under the
direction of a Federation engineer".

-QumpIn 'avrIn
--
Erich Schneider  [email protected]  http://tamsun.tamu.edu/~ers0925