tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 21 05:55:06 1994

Pronouns and suffixes

qajatlhneS:

  I was talking to someone on the MUSH the other day, and they said:

SoHvaD chu' nuq? (I'm pretty sure this was it)

  Well... #1) SoH is not capitalized in the pronoun section (should be SoH)...
and #2) I didn't know you could add noun suffixes to pronouns...

  The example given was on page 180 of TKD:

chaHvaD Soj qem yaS (The officer brings them food)

  AH!  But I answer my own question... it explicitly says on P. 180 (6.8) that
"the Type 5 noun suffix -vaD (for, intended for).  The suffix may be attached
to either a noun or a pronoun."

  So, this means all you have to do is put -vaD on the indirect object and put
at the very front?  Seems straight forward...

  Are there any other suffixes that you can add to pronouns?  Or is this the only
one?

  Thanks!  And... Qapla'!

-majIq

Back to archive top level