tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 21 13:15:20 1994

Re: Pronouns and suffixes

According to Matt Gomes:
>   So, this means all you have to do is put -vaD on the indirect object and put
> at the very front?  Seems straight forward...
>
>   Are there any other suffixes that you can add to pronouns?  Or is this the on
> ly
> one?
>
>   Thanks!  And... Qapla'!
>
> -majIq

Any Type 5 suffix should work, but I can't think of any suffix
of any other type that would make any sense on a pronoun.
Augmentative/Diminutive/plural/certainty... None of them make
sense on a pronoun, in my opinion. I make this statement while
I do not have a dictionary with me; a rare episode.

SoHvaD, SoHvo', SoHmo', SoHDaq -- these make sense.

*SoHHom, *SoHna', *SoHqoq, *SoHpu' used as noun, *SoHlIj --
these make no sense to me.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level