tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 20 14:49:01 1994

Re: Lookout! Here come several questions!

According to Heidi Wessman:

> rap Dujmaj, puvmeH.
>
> [Grammarians: did I get correct syntax?  "We're in the same boat."]

I don't think it is as much a matter of syntax as idiom. If you
wanted the idiom literally translated, I'd use:

Duj rapDaq maHtaH.

Better, might be a less idiomatic:

rap wanI'maj.

> I was real prolific myself during the summer.  But then, the school year
> started, and I barely have time to practice music, much less post.  (I've
> got eight classes, but am only working 20 hours, not including lesson
> plans.)   We love you anyway, William, and I'll have to come see you on
> the MUSH.

What kind of music?

> jInIDlaH!

bIQaplaHbej je.