tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 08 19:18:54 1994

Re: From the Edge of the Galaxy

I would like to say that I was a Sponsor of Mr Prochel's textbook project
and received my copy of book number 1 this early this week.

Without going into content, which I haven't had a chance to investigate,
I will comment on the overall appearance.  It's production value.

Firstly, the 126 page booklet is 5 3/8 in by 7 7/16 in.  If this seems
like an odd size you're right.  But it is exactly the size one would get
from laying an 8 1/2 by 11 inch spiral bound book on the glass, reducing
it to 8 1/2 by 11 and cutting off the extra.  Look inside and you can see
that this is what was done, the black plastic spirals showing up on
many pages.  Making copies like this, without removing the pages from the
binder, ensures that many pages will be crooked.

After being cut down to size, 2 staples were driven through the left side
and this was hidden by some black tape.  With this format it is sometimes
difficult to read some of the text near the inside edge.

Another thought; the cover is pink cardstock.  Not a very Klingon color.

Mr Prochel is charging $15 for this booklet.  From my work at a copy
store I can tell you that there is less than $2 worth of copying.  This
is not to say that the material is not worth the other $13 but with a
little more time spent on setting up the original so that pages were
straight and 100% readable the whole package would be much more
sellable.

I leave it to someone much more qualified to critique the contents of Mr.
Prochel's textbook.

Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

Back to archive top level