tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 04 17:23:48 1994

From the Edge of the Galaxy

I am posting the following information for Glen Proechel - I hope it
will be of interest.  PLEASE NOTE: I'm *not* taking orders for Glen,
NOR is *my* email address the way to communicate with him - his
address and phone numbers are provided below should you wish to
contact him.  Info is Glen's, typos are mine.

Thank you.

>From the Edge of the Galaxy
        Information from the Interstellar Language School

Here is a list of new offerings from the ILS.

1. tlhIngan Hol:  Alien language Primer Book I	$15

An introductory textbook to learn and practice the warrior tongue.
Practical exercises for the armchair space traveler who wishes to hone
his or her skills in communication with bumpy foreheaded aliens.
Practice in reading and writing, simple practical phrases, and basic
grammar.

2. tlhIngan Hol:  Alien language Primer Book II	$12
An intermediate textbook for those who wish to improve to improve
their skills in alien communication.  Should be ready for publication
Stardate: 941101

3.  pIqaD exercise book.	$5
Learn alien calligraphy.  Read and write the warrior's tongue in their
own unique alphabet.  Become fluent in the written code of the Empire.

4. Audio Cassette:  Speaking Boldly	$10

5. qIb HeHDaq:  On the edge of the Galaxy.	Annual Membership $10
This quarterly journal is provided free of charge to all members of
the Interstellar Language School.

6. Join us in our Klingon Diplomatic Tour of the Former Evil Empire.
Cost $2100
December 22 to 30

Visit Moscow and St. Petersburg.  Meet members of Worf's adoptive
family (no guarantees).  Write for further details.

7. Language Camp T-Shirts. 	$15

8. Good News for Warior Race: New Testament in Klingon & English:
Advance Edition $9

   ------

HIGH COUNCIL SEATS -

The Interstellar Language Schoolis offering seats on the High Council
for 15 people who contribute a minimum of $100 each to its work.  Each
person who joins the High Council will receive a) lifetime membership
in the ILS, b) copies of all ILS materials to date, c) will receive
the Collector's Edition of the Klingon Bible Good News for the Warrior
Race and d) will receive a certificate in pIqad and English lettering,
designating them as High Council members.

  Glen writes:  "Why make this offer?"

  "The Interstellar Language School is in debt to the City of Red Lake
  Falls for the amount of $1500 for debts incurred at the time of the
  1993 Klingon camp.  The city of Red Lake Falls will take ILS to court
  if the money is not paid in full by Nov. 14.  Fifteen High Council
  memberships at $100 per person would bring in $1,500 to repay Red Lake
  Falls for the money owed and allow ILS to continue its work without
  harrassment by the City Attorney and City Council.  If you believe in
  our work and want to see the Klingon camp and our other projects
  continue, please be generous.  Make check or money order to:
  Interstellar Language School."
      (signed)
		  G. F. Proechel.

  Interstellar Language School
    P.O. Box 281
  Red Lake Falls, MN   56750
  Phone: (218) 253-4149
  Fax: (218) 253-4389

NOTE: (from Joel)

Not to belabor the point - but I'm sharing the above info on Glen's
behalf, and I'll not be looking for, nor forwarding responses
regarding this posting.  I've enjoyed a course earlier this year from
Glen, and look forward to one I plan to take this November, but
otherwise I am not associated with the ILS, I am not responsible for
it, nor can I answer any questions regarding it.  Thank you.

  |~~~|___|_|____|~~~|   From the beautiful camping country of Minnesota! |  \
               joel anderson | GEnie:j.anderson71
      *mumuSHa' yeSuS, Dochvam vISov * muja'mo' joH'a' paq'a' *

Back to archive top level