tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 07 14:04:20 1994

Re: K3

According to Niall Hosking:

> majQa' Holtej.
>
> DojtaH "K3" ghunlIj.  vIparHa' [ I'd put {qu'}, but I can't] 'ej
> "bortaS"ghun vIloSqang.

qatlh <<-qu'>> Dalo'laHbe'? vIparHa'qu' DajatlhlaHbej.

> tlhIngan Hol jIjatlhtaH 'e' jIHech 'ach jIqeqtaH 'e' jIneH.
               ^^             ^^                   ^^^ ^^

tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaH 'e' vIHech 'ach jIqeqtaH vIneH 'e'
DajatlhnIS. The word {Hol} acts as object to the verb {jatlh},
so you need a prefix that indicates a third person singular
object. The pronoun {'e'} acts as object to the verb {Hech}, so
you similarly need a prefix on Hech to indicate a third person
singular object. You should omit the last instance of {'e'}
because the verb {neH} does not require it. TKD describes {neH}
as a special case in that regard. Even without {'e'}, however,
the verb {neH} needs a prefix for third person singular object
because it refers back to the earlier sentence.

> --
> {qSeroHS vayn}
>
> [email protected]
>
> 'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Practice, practice, practice...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level