tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 10 01:17:24 1994

Re: K3

> According to Niall Hosking:
> >

> > majQa' Holtej.
> >
> > DojtaH "K3" ghunlIj.  vIparHa' [ I'd put {qu'}, but I can't] 'ej
> > "bortaS"ghun vIloSqang.
>
> qatlh <<-qu'>> Dalo'laHbe'? vIparHa'qu' DajatlhlaHbej.
>
> > tlhIngan Hol jIjatlhtaH 'e' jIHech 'ach jIqeqtaH 'e' jIneH.
>                ^^             ^^                   ^^^ ^^

Waaaaah!

> tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaH 'e' vIHech 'ach jIqeqtaH vIneH 'e'
> DajatlhnIS. The word {Hol} acts as object to the verb {jatlh},
> so you need a prefix that indicates a third person singular
> object. The pronoun {'e'} acts as object to the verb {Hech}, so
> you similarly need a prefix on Hech to indicate a third person
> singular object. You should omit the last instance of {'e'}
> because the verb {neH} does not require it. TKD describes {neH}
> as a special case in that regard. Even without {'e'}, however,
> the verb {neH} needs a prefix for third person singular object
> because it refers back to the earlier sentence.
>
> > --
> > {qSeroHS vayn}

> Practice, practice, practice...
>
> charghwI'

veqlargh HIvqa'

That's what comes of trying to compose posts whilst at work.  Three
{jI-}'s instead of {vI-}'s! I should be shot for stupidity.  Thanks,
charghwI'.

--
{qSeroHS vayn}

[email protected]

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level